Friday, May 7, 2010

Bangladesh Christmas

After getting engaged (I think just 6-8 hours after) Adam and I were on a plane to Bangladesh. We stopped first in Hong Kong - take a look at their great Christmas decorations! Whoever invented the purple Christmas tree was a genius:-) We looked for authentic Hong Kong food and then after finding it decided we would eat where it looked most safe and clean! Our favorite was the bubble tea! Adam and I had a blast walking around and looking at all the sites. The people there are very high fashion and we just tried to blend, something that we were not able to do very well with my blond hair and Adam's long legs!My favorite place that we visited was the bird aviary. There is a toucan behind me that you can't see. We wandered around for about 6 hours, took a ferry and drank some more bubble tea and then it was back to the airport for the last leg of the flight. Adam had never been out of the country and was a fantastic travel partner - he caught on quick and now has stamps in his new passport!
We arrived in Bangladesh right before Christmas and were glad to be off the plane. I was so glad to be with my family and get to show off my new Fiance. Of course they had met him before but he was just my boyfriend at that time!
Lynn send some sausage bread which is a Schroeder family favorite. We heated it up and had a Christmas breakfast. Adam is new convert to the deliciousness of sausage bread! He likes food in general but this was a great combo of meat and bread! I still do not like red meat so I let my family enjoy the yumminess!

We did other normal Christmas things like rickshaw rides. Adam was a full head taller than most people and I could not resist snapping this photo.
Other normal Christmas things like trying on lungies which Bangladeshi men wear. I don't think Adam has gotten his out since we came home but they practical in Asia! Mom and Dad gave us our first Christmas ornament as a soon-to-be married couple (that is what I am wearing as a hat)

Our Christmas "tree":-) Abigail sent this cute ornament and it was the only one on the Christmas "tree":-)
Dad got to look at the Adventure Book and see what a creative job Adam had done!
The happy couple!
Mom made a great dinner that night and we even had stove top stuffing! Adam had been asleep seconds before this photo but we woke him up for dinner!
We went walking around Dhaka and found this beautiful hotel that was recently built we were able to use their bathrooms and stand next to this giant tree. Since we are Caucasian thought we were rich and staying there (little did they know)!
And what Christmas time would be complete without the single blade shave. Adam made it though with just a few nicks and cuts and was as handsome as ever in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment