Thursday, October 29, 2009

The End of Summer

Before the semester started Adam and I took a trip to Pomme de Terre with some friends from church. Jack and Norma have been friends of mine for a while and invited Adam and I down to their daughter's lake house the weekend. We had a wonderful time chatting in the car on the way to the lake and back and then just playing in the water once we got there.
Jack went Kayaking for the first time and we spent most of the day on the jet ski.
We did get a good day of rain and it was fun to sit on the dock and listen to the rain on the tin roof!
Norma took a turn on the jet ski!
On the way home we stopped at Oceola cheese and got some yummy, yummy cheese. I of course could not resist the pictures in from of the GIANT mouse:-)

It was good! Just thought I would slip in a picture here of the flowers my parents had sent from Bangladesh. It is amazing that they could sent my flowers from across the world!
Adam and I also spent sometime before the semester started doing more odd jobs around the house. We bought mulch and it is suppose to keep its color for a year so we will see how that goes!
Adam decided to try his hand at cement work and did an excellent job filling in the holes. I am still trying to sell the house so I may need to get the sinking cement mudjacked at some point but it looks great for now!


At the end of August Adam played at the wedding of some of our friends, Jacob and Leah. He played beautifully and we had a fun time dancing and celebrating with everyone from church!

Sandy and Woody above. Sigi, Ted and Noah below. Ted and Adam have become good friends. They work together at Garmin and Ted has become a source of encouragement and mentoring in Adam's life as Adam and I have been pursuing a relationship together.


The crew!

And we of course got to sit with Molly and Adam Dixon. We didn't know at the time but there we acctually 2 more. Adam and Molly are pregnant with twins!

No comments:

Post a Comment