Thursday, December 10, 2009

KC Christmastime

So it is now officially the Christmas season in Kansas City! I love this time of year and we started it off with Adam's friend Ted's birthday. Dinner was great and while studying for exams it is always a relief to have someone else cook! Happy Birthday Ted and I guess Josh can give you a Birthday kiss?! We spent one Saturday at Union Station looking at Christmas lights and visiting a Chocolate exhibit! I really like chocolate and it was interesting to learn more about it!

This was Adam's favorite tree, the blue one to the left. I liked the one with red bows below and the giant wreath above. There was an enormous toy train station with a ton of kids watching the trains go by.

Later that night we went to the Reno annual bake off. Well there is no competition but they made 12 different types of cookies and Adam and I benefited from the influx of sugar! Susie and Joy did most of the cooking with Fran to help. I think Adam and I rolled a few cookies and opened some packages but mostly just watched and chatted and then did some Christmas shopping. It is fun to go shopping with Adam because he actually likes going!
So Christmastime would not be complete without a trip to see the crazy house with over 15o inflatable penguins. I do not envy their electric bill but totally worth the trip! Adam and Molly were with us but opted not to get out of the car. I think it was only 14 degrees that day so we spend most of our time looking a Christmas lights from the car! So a lot changes in a year. A year ago Molly and Adam wanted to have a baby, now they are having twins. A year ago I met Adam and we are together today. I am so thankful that God brought us together - Adam from Hershey PA/Ithaca NY/Chicago IL and me from Nashville/SF/Bangladesh/KC. It has been a blessing to have Adam to share the last year of my life with and look forward to this new year that we have together - so this is to last year....And to the year to come! Merry Christmas to all and may we remember that the reason we do have hope is because Jesus came to be with us and knows us by name.

No comments:

Post a Comment